Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The start of something good :)

Well...this summer started with me thinking...maybe I could take Kyle's senior pics. Well....I could take some of the other kid's senior pics. Well...I could experiment and take some little kid's pics and maybe some family pics. Well....2 months and a lot of inspiration later...sunflower photography was born! I now have a new camera, a Nikon d90, with different lenses, filters, and all kinds of other attachments that I'm learning how to use. I have gotten my first real "print order" with a 16 x 24 canvas wrap of Mia and Ty McGregor that is too cute for words. I have "appointments" booked for August. And.....I've started getting and making "props" to add texture and life to my shots! I am so excited to be starting this journey. I know that I have a lot to learn and am open to suggestions from anyone who wants to give them. I've been spending a lot of time looking at other photographer's websites and learning from their styles and ideas. My goal is that in 2 years, I will have a full time business in the summer and have a place to be able to do indoor shots throughout the school year on the weekends. Thanks to the support of my parents, siblings, kids, and hubby...I know I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment